Free Memory Read. Help!!

Vladimir Marangozov Vladimir.Marangozov at inrialpes.fr
Thu Aug 3 14:36:21 EDT 2000

Pramod Kumar Singh wrote:

> Vladimir Marangozov wrote:
> >
> > Pramod Kumar Singh wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello Everybody,
> > >
> > >   I am facing a Free Memory Read in python frameobjects.c. Any help,
> > > ideas, details on similar known bugs, appreciated.
> > >
> > >   I am attaching the purify log of the FMR.
> > > [snip]
> >
> > What Python version are you profiling?
>
> Its python 1.5.2 with TCL/TK 8.2.2 on sun solaris 2.6, with SUN sparc
> compiler 4.X

Ouch. We've had a long way towards fixing memory leaks and thread races
since then. I'd suggest waiting a few days for the incoming 1.6 release
and see whether your apps exhibit the same behavior. Alternatively, you
can grab the current CVS snapshot from SourceForge. Unfortunately, this
is the only reasonable advice I can give you for the moment...
Unless someone points you directly to a specific thread-related patch.

       Vladimir MARANGOZOV          | Vladimir.Marangozov at inrialpes.fr