OpenGL sceneGraph project, call for participation

Mike Fletcher mfletch at tpresence.com
Mon Aug 14 05:59:10 EDT 2000

GL Scenegraph Library for Python

This package (descended from the non-functional mcf.vrml.ogl package)
provides the ability to display general geometry (such as VRML files :) ) in
an easily created PyOpenGL context.

The project description is at:
http://members.home.com/mcfletch/programming/glscenegraph.htm

I can only work on the project in my off hours (my CEO promised me when I
was hired that I could work on a Python VRML library, but he doesn't pay me
to do it :o) ), and the project needs to go faster than I can complete at
that pace. Therefore, I'm putting a snapshot up now (so people can see the
code), and asking if anyone is interested in collaborating on the project.
If so, I'll make up a SourceForge project and put the glscenegraph packages
there.  (Note: I'm not really happy with the current scenegraph model, so if
that's what's keeping you from stepping up, feel free to propose something
better).

Incidentally, the code is still quite simple/straightforward, so it's
possible that people just wanting to learn how to program in PyOpenGL might
find it useful as a demo.

License is BSD (as it is for mcf.vrml).

Enjoy yourselves,
Mike