Solved! Read to find out what it was...

dwassena at julian.uwo.ca dwassena at julian.uwo.ca
Wed Aug 30 14:28:03 EDT 2000

The Weird Error is gone!  I vanquished the nasty daemon back into the
hellish depths from which it came.  But before I did some silly things.
I was so engrossed with python this morning I even answered the company
phone 'Morning python.'  I could tell the other end was confused by
the 'uuhhhh <pause>'  which was quickly relieved by my 'oops I mean
UpCast'! LOL!  I need another coffee.

Anyway the Error and Solution:

It turned out to be, once I removed ALL lines of code, an import
error.  The error trickled down and kill the class declaration.

The line was:
if os.name = 'nt':  #error was this line
    sys.path.append(path)

BUT the python never reported the error until I killed the file.  Then
it reported:

if os.name = 'nt':
           ^
syntax error: invalid operation (or something to that effect)

Why it did not raise the exception earlier, I do not know.  But thank
you all for your insight which helped me unburden myself of a rather
nasty bedfellow.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.