[Python-Dev] Still no new license -- but draft text available

Gary Momarison nobody at phony.org
Fri Aug 4 17:24:47 EDT 2000

(Off topic.)

Grant Griffin <g2 at seebelow.org> writes:

> The problem with lawyers (aside from the "not enough sand" problem ;-), is that
> they have lots of opinions, but none can tell you anything for sure.

More precisely, that's mostly a problem with the lawyers that comprise
our Courts and Legislatures.  One can hardly blame a lawyer for being
uncertain or even confused.

Which I suppose gets back to being a problem with us voters for electing
lawyers.  Our legal structure should HIRE lawyers, not BE lawyers (who
have a strong conflict of interest in making the law confusing and other
conflicts).  By "lawyers", I mean former, present, or future members of
those private clubs known as Bar Associations, not people who have
studied law.