Python 2.0 and Stackless

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Wed Aug 16 05:32:20 EDT 2000

On Wed, Aug 16, 2000 at 12:33:45AM -0400, Terry Reedy wrote:
> > It is, so I volunteered to author them.

> Since I would currently like to see stackless seriously considered for
> incorporation into the canonical implementaion (after the license mess
> clears), I appreciate you doing this (which is something I could not do).
> To make this concrete, I volunteer to test read what you write, if you
> wish, before you post it.

Just to make the point clear, the licence issue is not holding back
development on 2.0 anymore. It is currently holding up the release of 1.6
(as far as I know, anyway) and it does eat some time of some of the PyLabs
folx, but there are plenty of other developers, and Tim is doing a good job
as slavedriver ;)

However, as has been said a few times, 2.0 is already in feature freeze, so
stackless won't make it in there. I believe the plan is to put less time
between 2.0 and 2.1 than there was between 1.5.2 and 1.6, though, so
hopefully it can follow soon ;)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>