gratuitous new features in 2.0

Grant Griffin g2 at seebelow.org
Sat Aug 26 04:59:45 EDT 2000

Robin Becker wrote:

> I personally would prefer
>
>         print to filetypething items,......

Ditto.  "to" seems to be quite in the spirit of "in".

Whatever code breakage caused by "to" can easily be repaired.  (And
programmers who use "to" as an identifier deserve what they get. <wink>)

> but no vote is to be taken on this. Perhaps the glorious leadership is
> becoming dicatorial.

I think it is and should be dictatorial; the question is whether it is
benevolent.  I'm certain it remains benevolent in _intent_, so perhaps
our beloved BDFL just had a brain fart or something.

let-he-among-you-who-is-without-brain-farts-cast-the-first-stone

  or

he-who-smelt-it-dealt-it

-<wink>-ly y'rs,

=g2