Python 2.1 and Stackless

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Aug 16 00:24:02 EDT 2000

"Cameron Laird" <claird at starbase.neosoft.com>

> I'm not out to waste Christian's time with wasted
> motion.  My only point is that its current absence
> from the core is only a modest impediment to Stack-
> less's diffusion.  Its viability is already almost
> as great as it will be once it's in the core, because
> it's a technology that'll be desired and supported
> for a long time, whatever the details of its canoni-
> zation.

>From what I understand of Tismer's writings and private email (as of some
months ago),
there are a few more things that he could do to make the conversion more
complete,
cleaner, and (hopefully) faster,  once it is incorporated into the core,
that he cannot very well do now while maintaining the ability to reconvert
successive C-stack versions with reasonable effort.

In other words, the absence of stackless from the core has been, as of the
last I have heard, an impediment to the proper completion of stackless. ...
But we'll see what Christian comes up with.

TJR