Is Python moving too fast? (was Re: Is python commercializationazing? ...)

Skip Montanaro skip at mojam.com
Mon Aug 28 09:23:07 EDT 2000

    David> On Sat, 26 Aug 2000 10:11:12 -0500 (CDT), Skip Montanaro
    David> <skip at mojam.com> wrote:
    >> 1.  For the first time in it's 10+ year history, the language
    >>     actually has a team of programmers led by Guido whose full-time
    >>     job is to work on the language.

    David> I'm going to be exceedingly crass here, and suggest that when
    David> your full-time job is to work on the language, you're rather
    David> forced to make changes for the sake of changes, because otherwise
    David> you won't have a job.

You were way too nitpicky in your response.  Granted, I should have said
"Python environment" or "Python distribution" or something equally
descriptive of the overall essence of Python, but I think that should have
been obvious from the context.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at mojam.com)
http://www.mojam.com/