PyGres????

Cary O'Brien cobrien at Radix.Net
Tue Aug 8 08:45:15 EDT 2000

In article <slrn8ouf7c.i4p.kc5tja at garnet.armored.net>,
Samuel A. Falvo II <kc5tja at garnet.armored.net> wrote:
>I've managed to get ahold of PyGres, a module that allows Python
>applications to access Postgre databases.  However, there isn't a *word* of
>documentation *anywhere* on how to use this thing, not with it, nor on the
>Internet, based on my Google and python.org searches.

Hmm..  Did you look in your PostgreSQL distribution?  There is source
for a python interface there with README that explains how things
work and a subdirectory called tutorial with examples.  In my (old!)
PostgreSQL source tree I found it at...

postgresql-6.5.3/src/interfaces/python

Hmm.. the tutorial doesn't help that much.  Concentrate on the README.

Hope this helps. Hang in there.

-- cary