ANN: PyStream - a C++ stream emulation

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Fri Aug 25 12:25:45 EDT 2000

In article <Pine.GSO.4.10.10008251845380.13902-100000 at sundial>,
Moshe Zadka  <moshez at math.huji.ac.il> wrote:

>ObPython: Python-Dev has it's share of minimalists (AMK and I, for
>example), and less minimalists (Barry Warsaw comes to mind). Guido
>does such a nice job of balancing the two, he's got scathing criticism
>from both groups <0.5 wink>.

I sometimes wonder where I fall.  I tend to what I call the "simplistic"
side, which sometimes is "minimalist" and sometimes is not.  (For
example, I think urllib should default to timeout sockets, but I haven't
had a chance to deal with it.  Not that we've got timeout_socket.py,
maybe I'll submit a patch for urllib.)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

The difference between "intelligence" and "wisdom": Londo and G'Kar  --Aahz