Addressing schemes (Re: Perl is worse! (was: Python is Wierd!))

Grant Edwards ge at nowhere.none
Thu Aug 3 10:40:52 EDT 2000

In article <s5qhos8k2v7kg58s2e36ei2emfrlcrha8b at 4ax.com>, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

>	Is the Grand Rapids "8 blocks/mile" common, or just my
>imagination? (From 28th street to 36th street is one mile).

In the city of Minneapolis, in residential areas, it's
nominally 16 blocks/mile going North/South and 32 blocks per
mile going East/West.

The occasional river or lake somethings messes up the pattern.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'd like some JUNK
                                  at               FOOD... and then I want to