Is python commercializationazing? [ Was Re: ANN: PyStream - a C++ stream emulation ]

Manuel Gutierrez Algaba thor at localhost.localdomain
Fri Aug 25 12:48:58 EDT 2000

On 25 Aug 2000 16:25:45 GMT, Aahz Maruch <aahz at netcom.com> wrote:
>In article <Pine.GSO.4.10.10008251845380.13902-100000 at sundial>,
>Moshe Zadka  <moshez at math.huji.ac.il> wrote:
>>
>>ObPython: Python-Dev has it's share of minimalists (AMK and I, for
>>example), and less minimalists (Barry Warsaw comes to mind). Guido
>>does such a nice job of balancing the two, he's got scathing criticism
>>from both groups <0.5 wink>.
>
>I sometimes wonder where I fall.  I tend to what I call the "simplistic"
>side, which sometimes is "minimalist" and sometimes is not.  (For
>example, I think urllib should default to timeout sockets, but I haven't
>had a chance to deal with it.  Not that we've got timeout_socket.py,
>maybe I'll submit a patch for urllib.)
>--

>> print 23
was the easiest way, more straight forward of doing things, easy
too explain even to a 5 years old boy.
(That's why sys.stdout... sucks)

I'm starting to wonder if all these changes are more or less
a "face" wash to "sell" better python to the commercial world.

I see "print >> 23,455,23 " more a kind of concession to the
C++ world than anything else.

If so, don't "wash" too much python, it may shrink and get nasty.

---
MGA