Python Mac UI

Tom Loredo loredo at spacenet.tn.cornell.edu
Tue Aug 29 16:26:30 EDT 2000

Peter Hansen wrote:

> Any reason you wouldn't look at http://www.wxpython.org/ and
> http://www.wxwindows.org/ ?

But wxpython.org says the Mac version is "a distinct possibility"---not
even under development, and not even plans for development.  Is this
not accurate?  If it is, given that a Mac GUI was asked for, wxpython is
not an answer.

wxpython.org says the Mac version is possible if "the Mac version of
wxWindows is brought up to par with the other platforms."  My impression
from the wxWindows site is that this is essentially so---the Mac version
is at 2.0, with a 2.2 sync expected shortly.  With all the hype about
wxpython on other platforms, I'd love the chance to experiment with it
on the Mac....

-Tom Loredo