Need help with PY version 1.5.2b1 (#0 1998)

Rodney Loisel rloisel at helicon.net
Sun Aug 6 20:47:18 EDT 2000

I've tried unsuccessfully for more than a week to get
Idle 0.5 running with what I thought was the latest
version of Python for Win 98 which I dl'd from the
Python.com site. It won't work with Idle 0.5 and
idle 0.1 which came with the distribution doesn't
'run' programs... a major inconvenience. Apparently
this version of python doesn't recognise os.path.abspath
which Idle 0.5 requires. In desperation I tried PYWin
and all that does is give me long un-textwrapped lines
of errors with the most simple scripts. About ready to
give up unless someonc can help me sort out this mess.
I would assume that a distribution of such a powerful
language could have managed these details. I python
is about to go to 1.6, why are they distributing a 2
year old version of 5.2...

Rodney Loisel Enfield NH.