Cthulhu not that wierd

Moshe Zadka moshez at math.huji.ac.il
Fri Aug 4 09:05:43 EDT 2000

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, Simon Brunning wrote:

> > > Should-organize-a-game-at-the-next-conference-ly yours,
> >
> > Definitely, Martijn! That would be neat. I'm more of a HEROS (formerly
> > known as Champions) kind of guy -- I feel in love with super-heroics
> > because of it.
> >
> I used to run Call of Cthulhu stories using the 'Danger International'
> rules, if you remember them. A Hero system spin-off.
>
> Since I'm into this 'arcane runes that man wasn't meant to understand'
> stuff, shouldn't I be learning Perl?

Nah -- what you should be doing is getting in front of your new HERO
rulebook (which merged all forks), and start coding a nice gui in
Python/Tkinter to help make characters a breeze. Then, you can
also add some networking and a GM console, and have an over-the-net
HERO game. For extra credit, code all communication in XML-RPC, and
voila! A firewall penetrating multi-user RPG.

all-in-a-day's-work-ly y'rs, Z.

--
Moshe Zadka <moshez at math.huji.ac.il>
There is no IGLU cabal.