updated version of David Ascher's compile.py?

gangli at msn.com gangli at msn.com
Sat Aug 26 01:10:00 EDT 2000

In article <SYkp5.10956$Xg.105981 at news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
  "Mark Hammond" <MarkH at ActiveState.com> wrote:
> "Alex Martelli" <alex at magenta.com> wrote in message
> news:8o38k40ff5 at news1.newsguy.com...
> > I've just tried installing ActiveState's distribution of
> > Python 1.6 for Windows, and it seems to be fine (except
> > for funny things, such as 'unicode' not being found by a
> > search in the docs although unicode function _is_ correctly
> > documented among the builtins -- go figure!)
>
> That is a bug - thanks!  I just entered it.

I think I came across another bug in win32api.  The time in file
attibutes got from FindFile is wrong. In order to get the right last
time of file modified, I have to do like,
 time.localtime(int(file_object[3])-time.altzone).
According to MS doc, this bug may be fixed by changing the code in
Pytime.cpp,starting at line 612:

PYWINTYPES_EXPORT PyObject *PyWinObject_FromFILETIME(const FILETIME &t)
{
	SYSTEMTIME st, lt;
	if (!FileTimeToLocalFileTime(&t, &lt) ||
              !FileTimeToSystemTime(&lt, &st))
	//if (!FileTimeToSystemTime(&t, &st))
		return PyInt_FromLong(-1);
	return PyFloat_FromDouble(PyCE_SystemTimeToCTime(&st));
}

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.