postgres pgmodule compiling problem

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at beopen.com
Fri Aug 4 16:52:02 EDT 2000

PyList_SET_ITEM is a macro.  If you're getting complaints about it,
you're not picking up the right include files.  What does gcc say when
you compile pgmodule.c?  (Be sure to use -Wall.)

I wouldn't spend a lot of time scratching your head about this
problem, though.  Instead, I strongly recommend that you use the
distutils setup.py script included with the PyGreSQL distribution.

In order for the setup.py script to work, you need to install
distutils.  Installing it is much easier than installing you average
extension (like PyGreSQL) and it is well documented.

http://www.python.org/sigs/distutils-sig/download.html

-- Jeremy Hylton <http://www.python.org/~jeremy/>