wxPython building woes

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Tue Aug 8 17:47:30 EDT 2000

"Alex Martelli" <alex at magenta.com> writes:

> Where is this set...?  Not in build.cfg, apparently (can I
> override it from there, or build.local? how?).  I grepped
> for it throughout the tree, and can only find it in .OBJ files,
> .DSP files, and vc6dll.t -- but that's just the template that
> generates the .DSP etc, isn't it?

Yes, you can control this with build.local - add the line:

OTHERDEFS="FINAL=1"

I did this in a build.local of mine right at the top of the wxPython
tree.

This is a definition used by the wxWindows makefiles - if you weren't
using the IDE for the wxWindows build, you'd need to supply it on the
command line in your make command for wxWindows as well.

--
-- David