[Python Programming on Win32] Problems with ServiceManager

Chris Schaller Chris.Schaller at web.de
Thu Aug 10 09:18:49 EDT 2000

Hello dear Pythoners,

Did anyone try the example code for a service reporting to the event log?  In
the book, page 356, 'Modifying the Servie to Add Messages' describes how to
use servicemanager.LogMsg to get some event log entries.

If I take a look at the event log, there's only a warning saying

'''The description for Event ID ( 4098 ) in Source ( PythonService ) could not
be found. It contains the following insertion string(s):
SmallestPythonService, .'''

What did I foret to get a reasonable output on the event log?

Thanks a lot!!!

bye
  Chris...