Questions for Guido van Rossum (Was: ...Tim Peters)

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Sat Aug 5 23:24:46 EDT 2000

> > CNRI's agreement as the copyright holder is the only thing that
> > gives anyone else the right to distribute, use, or modify the code.
>
> Which is why BeOpen...

                        All Rights Reserved

Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted,
provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that
both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in
supporting documentation, and that the names of Stichting Mathematisch
Centrum or CWI or Corporation for National Research Initiatives or
CNRI not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to
distribution of the software without specific, written prior
permission.

Can this license be revoked or superseded? While I am not an
attorney, somehow I am doubting it. Anyone who holds an instance
of this license is a valid license holder of it. I.M.O.

C//