1.6 features

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Wed Aug 2 17:47:30 EDT 2000

Miki Tebeka <mtebeka at intel.com> writes:
> Any pointers to the new 1.6 features (mainly gc)?

Moshe Zadka and I have written an article about the new 2.0 features:
http://starship.python.net/crew/amk/python/writing/new-python/

Note that it's a high-level overview of the new stuff; for detailed
documentation you'd have to refer to Python's docs.  I don't believe
the 2.0 docs are up on the Web anywhere, so you'd have to get them out
of CVS.  Also, this article is still subject to change, and won't be
truly finished until Python 2.0final is out, at which point the
feature set is stable.

--amk