PIL with jpg support for Win9x

Alex Martelli alex at magenta.com
Tue Aug 8 04:14:11 EDT 2000

"foofoo" <mckevin55 at erols.com> wrote in message
news:n2ouossmp0r846oigr0m51l879tdaqd54o at 4ax.com...
> All -
>
> Does anyone know a source for the compiled version of the Python Image
> Library for windows, compiled with jpeg support?
>
> I realize that I can compile it myself but I don't program C that much
> and I was hoping some kind soul out there had posted the binary
> somewhere.

According to http://www.python.org/sigs/image-sig/Imaging.html
a Windows binary distribution including JPEG can be downloaded at
http://www.python.org/sigs/image-sig/Imaging-0.2b4-win32.zip

It's 740k and includes a modified Tkinter/Tk 4.2 distribution -- not
sure it will play corrently with the current Python 1.5.2, but one can
hope (it does seem likely that it will).

Alex