Recommendations please

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Fri Aug 18 22:17:18 EDT 2000

In article <LNBBLJKPBEHFEDALKOLCGEKGHAAA.tim_one at email.msn.com>,
Tim Peters <tim_one at email.msn.com> wrote:
>[searcher7 at my-deja.com]
>>
>> Then can you tell me what is the best book for non-programmers that
>> you've ever seen? :-)
>
>"Alice in Wonderland".  It's a delight!  And it has more to teach about
>programming than you'll realize until you've been programming for, oh,
>about five years <wink>.

Yeah, especially when you re-read Humpty Dumpty's speech about names
about the same time you start using pointers....

I recently re-watched Disney's _Alice_ on DVD; it was nowhere near as
good an adaptation as my memory claimed, but there was a really neat
feature on the making of _Alice_.  At one point, there was a sly joke
where Walt asks the girl doing the voice of Alice whether she's studying
"Jabberwocky", and she says that, no, she's studying algebra, but she's
pretty sure it must have been created by the same person.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

Gun-toting Naderite / socialized medicine libertarian