Python 1.6 The balanced language

Darren New dnew at san.rr.com
Thu Aug 31 12:43:41 EDT 2000

Neel Krishnaswami wrote:
> No, the distinguishing features of OO are that a) subtyping exists,
> and b) the types of objects are used to do dynamic dispatch.

Alan Kay argues that garbage collection is necessary as well. Which makes
sense, since otherwise you have to know the implementation of the class to
know when it's safe to collect some reference you passed to the class
earlier.

Just so's ya know. ;-)

--
Darren New / Senior MTS & Free Radical / Invisible Worlds Inc.
San Diego, CA, USA (PST).  Cryptokeys on demand.