pehr anderson pehr at pehr.net
Thu Aug 17 02:04:22 EDT 2000

Ho Ho!

It's easy as pie,

CGI works by calling shell scripts,
which can tell the shell what program
to use in their execution.

#!/usr/bin/python

should be the first line of your program.
It looks like a comment but tells the shell
to launch python to parse the rest.

Read more about it in the introductory section
in the CGI module /usr/lib/python1.5/cgi.py
It is a good idea to get comfortable poking
through the library code in python!
This is one of the best ways to get true understanding,
not just documentation on how to use, but also direct
examples of good python form.

	-pehr