[Python-Dev] Still no new license -- but draft text available

"Jürgen A. Erhard" juergen.erhard at gmx.net
Sun Aug 6 01:17:23 EDT 2000

[...]

    Tim> The GPL is a great choice if your project can live with its
    Tim> implications, and you're comfortable assigning copyright to
    Tim> the FSF.

Sorry, Tim, I have to chime in here: the GPL has nothing to do with
assigning copyright to the FSF.  (Assigning copyright to the FSF
implies GPL, yes, but no vice versa).

Let's try not to make the GPL look worse than it already does, ok?

Bye, J

--
Jürgen A. Erhard      eMail: jae at ilk.de      phone: (GERMANY) 0721 27326
     MARS: http://members.tripod.com/Juergen_Erhard/mars_index.html