Looking for Python programmers--where to search?

Paul Schreiber paul at magic.ca
Tue Aug 15 02:48:28 EDT 2000

In article <3998C541.4FC15982 at san.rr.com>, Courageous
<jkraska1 at san.rr.com> wrote:

> > My company does web applications in Python, and we're growing like nuts.
> > Despite (or because of) being in the SF Bay Area, we're having a hard
> > time finding Python coders.
>
> Your mistake is trying to find Python coders. That's not the
> least bit necessary.
>
> I tought one of my coworkers all the critical parts of Python
> she needed to know in one hour on her white board. I left all
> my notes there. That, combined with the extensive .html
> documentation was all she needed.

Yeah, I'll second that. Where I am, we hired programmers, not python
programmers.

You can pick up python in a hour; all you need is a good reference book
to look stuff up in. _Python Essential Reference_ is that book. :)
(Typically people get confused about lists and tuples; or strings being
immutable -- minor junk.)

Paul