submitting patches against 1.6a2

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at beopen.com
Fri Aug 4 16:46:43 EDT 2000

Moshe Zadka <moshez at math.huji.ac.il> writes:

> On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, Paul Schreiber wrote:
>
> > I patched a number of bugs in urllib.py way back when -- in June, I
> > think. That was before the BeOpen announcement.
> >
> > I emailed the patch to patches at python.org. I included the disclaimer. I
> > made the patch into a context diff.

Actually, the disclaimer is no longer necessary.

> > I didn't hear back from anyone.
> >
> > Should I resubmit? Where should I send the patch to?
>
> Not resubmit -- they're at SF, waiting for Jeremy's nurturing hand. So
> bother Jeremy instead! Yes, you too can contact PythonLabs employees
> and bother them about your patch! Special bonuses to those who
> mail bomb Jeremy right away, since he's morally responsible for everything
> anyway! <wink>

I would have checked in the patches this afternoon, but I got a deluge
of mail bombs in response to Moshe's message.  They crash the mail
server at BeOpen and on my desk top.  I'm currently rebuilding from
two weeks worth of incremental backups.  My ISP is also threatening to
cut me off because of serious congestion at two of its border routers.

> Seriously, ask Jeremy about it -- you can get his e-mail address at
> www.pythonlabs.com --> Team --> Jeremy

Or you can get it from this message: jeremy at beopen.com.

If I don't check in the patch before the weekend is over, I will
reassign it.

-- Jeremy Hylton <http://www.python.org/~jeremy/>