Display console output to status bar in Tkinter?

Alex Martelli alex at magenta.com
Thu Aug 10 10:45:52 EDT 2000

"Alex Martelli" <alex at magenta.com> wrote in message
news:8mu9u50159h at news2.newsguy.com...
> "rhyde99" <rhyde99 at email.msn.com> wrote in message
> news:#Toh7OpAAHA.401 at cpmsnbbsa08...
> > I need to know how it is possible to display only the last line of
> > stdout/stderr output to my Tkinter status bar.  In the Python FAQ I saw
> > way to catch stdout/stderr output, but this method concatenates all of
the
> > output.  I just need the last line.
> >
> > I hope this is clear, and that someone can help!
>
> When you set sys.stdout to your object, its write method gets called.

Clarification: I mean "its write method will then get called whenever
you 'print' something afterwards" -- I did NOT mean what I said, i.e.
that the method gets called in the moment in which you set sys.stdout.
Sorry for the unclear wording.

[snipping the rest, which did seem to be clearer/better anyway:-)].

Alex