How to build a vector from two floats?

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 29 08:34:18 EDT 2000

"Erik Max Francis" <max at alcyone.com> wrote in message
news:39AB8F64.5F18F0A4 at alcyone.com...
> Calvelo Daniel wrote:
>
> > BTW Python isn't typed. At least not in the C++ sense.
>
> How's that?  Variables need not be declared with a type and need not
> hold variables of the same type throughout their lifetime, but Python is
> most assuredly typed, and is in fact relatively strongly typed.

It's not *statically* typed, i.e., *compile-time* typed, which is
what Calvelo no doubt meant by "the C++ sense"; it's *dynamically*
typed, aka, *run-time* typed, which is in fact a rather different
approach (I do agree with you that the typing is pretty strong,
but that's another issue, I think).

Alex