Obsolete books (was Re: gratuitous new features in 2.0)

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Sat Aug 26 17:18:15 EDT 2000

In article <k_j_r_a_y-B9D43C.13445026082000 at nntp.ix.netcom.com>,
Keith Ray  <k_j_r_a_y at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>All these books just coming out (and which I just bought) describe
>Python 1.5.x.... how soon will they become obsolete?

In a couple of years, at the earliest.  Roughly speaking.

Almost all the changes are *additions* to the language (or removal of
ambiguity that few of the books would show you how to do incorrectly).
So at worst, overall,  you'll be using a subset of Python 2.0.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

Usenet is not a democracy.  It is a weird cross between an anarchy
and a dictatorship.  --Aahz