Can I do this faster?

Michael Hudson mwh21 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Aug 9 03:20:10 EDT 2000

Horst Gassner <horst at proceryon.at> writes:

> Hello!
>
> The following code is executed very often in my program and I would be
> happy if someone could help me to speed this up.
>
> def __GetRowID (s, row):
> 	for key in s.__rowDict.keys():
> 		if s.__rowDict[key]['data'] == row:
> 			return key

Try this?

def __GetRowID (s, row):
    return filter(lambda (k,v),r=row:v['data']==r,
                        s.__rowDict.items())[0][0]

It *might* be a bit faster.  Not a lot, I suspect.  Would you let me
know?  I'm kinda curious...

HTH,
M.

--
  The only problem with Microsoft is they just have no taste.
              -- Steve Jobs, (From _Triumph of the Nerds_ PBS special)