EXTREME NOOBIE

Calvelo Daniel dcalvelo at pharion.univ-lille2.fr
Tue Aug 29 08:31:55 EDT 2000

skeetor <skeetornospam at bellsouth.net> wrote:
: Whats this i hear about a function?  I just downloaded  this Python thing,
: and i am going through the online tutorials when I get to the "defining of a
: function..."  The tutorial is real basic until that part (thats where it
: starts assuming you know how to program, Doh!)

Yes, the introduction of the tutorial doesn't state it clearly, but it is
definitely aimed at people with some programming experience.

: Just wondering  if some kind person can clearly and adequately explain this
: defining of a function thing...

If you are new to both programming and Python, may I suggest

http://yhslug.tux.org/obp/thinkCS/thinkCSpy/index.htm ?

This is an introductory text to programming using Python.

-- Daniel Calvelo Aros
     calvelo at lifl.fr