Python not that wierd

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Sat Aug 5 05:46:54 EDT 2000

Boudewijn Rempt <boud at rempt.xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Martijn Faassen <m.faassen at vet.uu.nl> wrote:
>> Oh, and I also co-manage a mud.

> Don't forget you are playing in _the_ classic Dutch rpg, Queeste ;-).
> Next session in two weeks time!

Oops, completely forgot that. No justificiation for this forgetting
whatsoever. It's even true to say that I'm playing in this _classic_
Dutch RPG through comp.lang.python. I recognized Boudewijn's name
on an RPG newsgroup (just like Magnus Lie Hetland posts the FAQs to
rec.games.frp.advocacy), and he was asking for Queeste players. I
thought, hey, this guy is probably a co-member of the [erasure, erasure]
[more censorship by the cabal]conquer the world!

> Actually, one of the reasons I started learning Python was that I wanted
> to make some progress with my NPC-tracking application. Oh, it was to be
> web-based, fully configurable, system-independent (rpg system, that is,
> not operating system)... But I got side-tracked a bit, I think.

Instead you're making a web-based fully configurable language independent
(natural that is, not computer) language-tracking application. So,
you see, only the little details changed!

Regards,

Martijn