Newbie Windows path question

Kirby Urner urner at alumni.princeton.edu
Sun Aug 27 11:44:45 EDT 2000

Gerard Blais <Gerard.Blais at wcom.com> wrote:

>I'd like to use piddle.  I've download everything into
>f:\progra~1\python\piddle.  I'd like to run the demo program,
>piddletest.py.  There's a path problem on the import * from piddle.
>I've gone to the registry, and added a piddle key under pythonpath
>with a value of f:\progra~1\python\piddle.  No joy.
>
>Can someone give me a hand?
>
>Thnaks,
>
>Gerry

One way is to manually add piddle to the python path after
booting python, com sa:

 >>> import sys
 >>> sys.path.append("f:\\progra~1\\python\\piddle")

That'll work until you leave Python and come back --
would have to do the above every time.

To permanently make piddle accessible, create a text
file in f:\progra~1\python called init.pth.  Could
be a one-liner, simply:

piddle

And you're done.

Kirby