Python with MySQL

Alex Martelli alex at magenta.com
Sun Aug 6 04:06:45 EDT 2000

<ekw1 at my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8mhpju$v2t$1 at nnrp1.deja.com...
> In article <7khf8zes7z.fsf at mr-ed.jpl.nasa.gov>,
>   Matt Wette <Matthew.R.Wette at jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
> >
> > MySQL does not support tranactions.  Could that be it?
>
> MS Access doesn't either and I can get it to work with Access.

??? BeginTrans, CommitTrans, and Rollback methods of the
Workspace object are _exactly_ for transactions -- and they're
all MS Access idioms.  What do you mean by "doesn't" [support
transactions]...?

MS Access (or, to be more precise, its underlying Jet RDB
engine; Access can and often is used to front-end better RDB
engines, such as SQL Server, or its free edition MSDE, which
have no such issues) has no good support for *multi-user*
(the locking is no bloody good, etc), which I guess may well
affect transactioning too, if one IS recklessly trying to
multi-use it anyway -- may that be what you're thinking of...?

Alex