[Python Programming on Win32] Problems with ServiceManager

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Thu Aug 10 20:36:40 EDT 2000

"Chris Schaller" <Chris.Schaller at web.de> wrote in message
news:slrn8p5apt.9f.Chris.Schaller at mhpa3kvc.cert...

> '''The description for Event ID ( 4098 ) in Source ( PythonService )
could not
> be found. It contains the following insertion string(s):
> SmallestPythonService, .'''

4098 should be the "service started" message?

If you are on NT4, you will probably find a reboot is necessary -
although the DLL should be registered correctly in the event log part
of the registry, the event log itself sometimes gets a bit too smart
for its own good.

Messages always seem to appear immediately on Windows 2000.

If this doesn't work, mail me and we can sort through it...  I know
that the sample in the book worked long enough for me to grab that
screen-shot :-)

Mark
--
markh at activestate.com - but if you think I speak for them, you dont