About embedding IDLE in C++ application

Alex Martelli alex at magenta.com
Fri Aug 11 04:20:33 EDT 2000

"Bing Chen" <BC at prism.co.nz> wrote in message
news:8mvpo4$ojn$1 at news.ihug.co.nz...
> Hi,
> I try to embed IDLE shell into my C++ appication. It just work in the
> release version. In the debug version, it crash. Anybody know what's
happen?

Maybe you're on Windows and are not ensuring that MSVCRT.DLL
is used by your C++ application?  By default, the Debug build uses
MSVCRTD.DLL instead, and is not compatible with anything that
uses MSVCRT.DLL; you must use the same runtime in all modules
you load together.  See the current thread:
"Re: Win32 DLL problem: Extension crashes when using FILE *"
for more details -- if you _are_ in Windows, that is.

Alex