Creating Python "executables" on Windows?

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Wed Aug 16 19:28:32 EDT 2000

Alan Miller <ajm at enteract.com> writes:

> I've also not seen any mention of Gordon McMillan's Installer, which
> bundles a Python program, the modules it uses (determined recursively)
> and the core Python files and bundles them all together into a .EXE file.
> I've found it to work quite nicely.

Yep (also on http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/install1.html), and the
'standalone' output from that tool, combined with a free Windows
installation program like Inno Setup (http://www.jrsoftware.org) works
pretty darn well to make a Python script install and look just like a
normal piece of Windows distribution.

--
-- David