help explaining rationale for indentation

Penfold spam at spam.com
Tue Aug 22 16:22:53 EDT 2000

The irony of this particular criticism is that most C++ programmers use
indentation anyway ... anyone claiming that
class X
{
double x()
{
if (1)
{
while (1)
{
blah()
}
}
}
}

is easy to read is obviously a perl programmer.  Most programmers would
indent that anyway, and when they do, it will look surprisingly
like python ...

Des.

Aron Insinga <ainsinga at infomation.com> wrote in message
news:4.2.2.20000822154442.00bb2610 at pop.enterprise-services.com...
> *sigh*  A couple of my coworkers think it is hard to read Python code
since
> there's no '}' at the end of a compound statement.  S section of the
Python