[FAQTS] Python Knowledge Base Update -- August 7th, 2000

Fiona Czuczman fiona at sitegnome.com
Mon Aug 7 08:20:01 EDT 2000

Hi Guys,

The latest entries into http://python.faqts.com

cheers,

Fiona

## New Entries #################################################

Is it possible to integrate JPython and Pythonwin??
Is it possible to integrate JPython and Pythonwin?
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/5200
Curlen Phipps, Fiona Czuczman
Mark Hammond

No.

PythonWin takes advantage of too many modules that aren't available in
JPython.

How can I create a button that remains 'pushed' when pressed and is released when pressed again?
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/5211
Fiona Czuczman
Richard Chamberlain

There are two ways to do this (well probably more than two ways :) )

from Tkinter import *
root=Tk()
myVar=IntVar()
checkbutton=Checkbutton(root,text="My
Button",indicatoron=0,varible=myVar)
checkbutton.pack()
def printme(event):
        print myVar.get()
button.bind('<Button>',printme)
root.mainloop()

This way uses a Checkbutton (you could also use a Radiobutton) and the
indicatoron option which makes it look like a button essentially.

The other way:

from Tkinter import *
root=Tk()
button=Button(root,text="My Button")
button.pack()
def changeme(event):
        if button.cget('relief')==SUNKEN:
                button.config(relief=RAISED)
        else:
                button.config(relief=SUNKEN)
button.bind('<Button>',changeme)
root.mainloop()

Which just captures a button event and changes the relief of the button
accordingly.

How do I get 2 copies of PythonWin to run at the same time?
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/5212
Fiona Czuczman
Mark Hammond

pythonwin.exe /nodde

Is the command line that will do it.

## Edited Entries ##############################################

Is there a Python MySQL module for use under Windows?
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/4188
Fiona Czuczman, Gerhard Haering
Stefan Franke,Steve Cook

You will find a newer version of MySQLdb (version 0.2.1) on
http://ins-networks.de/gerhard/
It works fine for me connecting to MySQL 2.23/Win2k and
MySQL 2.22/Linux.

-------------
Original text
-------------
Check out

  ZMySQLDA-1.2.0.tar.gz

on the Zope site (www.zope.org). It contains MySQLdb-0.1.2 with some
Windows patches already applied. I run it sucessfully with the lately
GPLed MySQL-2.23.19 on Win98.

All you need to do is to edit Setup.in, adjust the paths to your local
MySQL installation, and run compile.py.

Go here http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-3.23.html

You can download the official Win9x/NT install package.  MySQL 3.23 is
now under the GPL so you can get it for windows without paying for it,
like you have to for 3.22