Deviant architecture using ZEO

Darrell Gallion darrell at dorb.com
Sat Aug 12 17:13:48 EDT 2000

 I'm posting this to the Python group since my desire is to use ZEO away
from Zope.
 To kill a rainy Saturday I got ZEO running on Win2k in a standalone mode.
Then with a little effort was able to walk around in the Zope application
root.

 Now I'm thinking about moving some parts of an application into separate
processes using ZEO as the tie point. For instance I need to receive Excel
spread sheets via email and import them into a db that Zope is using.

 In an effort to use all the cool software at arms reach, I could use Pyro
with ZEO to create a very simple interface into the Zope application.
Although ZODB access will be somewhat slow via Pyro,  my application doesn't
care.

 Maybe this is over kill? Could do the same thing by dropping data in a
relational db. The advantage comes in when you want to exchange objects
instead of table data. Which points me back towards an ODBC solution, darn!

Just-want-to-use-the-technology-ly y'rs
--Darrell