new bitwise module [was Re: Discussion: new operators ...]

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Wed Aug 2 10:49:01 EDT 2000

In article <3987AB5B.D5778B95 at my.signature>,
Greg Ewing  <see at my.signature> wrote:

>Seriously, the matrix people were complaining that there weren't
>enough operator symbols available for overloading... and now
>they want to *remove* a whole bunch of operator symbols! Seems
>a tad incongruous to me.

We recruit!  We recruit!

(I think we've in fact mostly convinced the matrix people that they
*don't* want new symbols.  Now they're moving forward with all the zeal
that only a new convert can muster.  ;-)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

NOTE: end of September, Earthlink kills Netcom.  My new permanent address is
aahz at pobox.com.  I have not decided where to set my primary shell account.
Please do not send me e-mail condolences; my mailbox is already too big.