incrementation operators?

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Sun Aug 13 09:13:44 EDT 2000

On Sun, Aug 13, 2000 at 01:29:23PM +0300, Moshe Zadka wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Aug 2000, Alex Martelli wrote:

> > "CHRIS" <unk at unk.ororr> wrote in message news:399659A1.477A4A85 at unk.ororr...
> > > Are there any incrementation or decrementation operators in Python?

> > Not yet, but they're scheduled to be in the forthcoming Python 2.0.

> Just to clear up the issues here: += and ilk are scheduled for Python 2.0.
> ++ and -- are not scheduled for any future release, and probably don't
> belong in Python at all.

Indeed. And if you want to test the augmented assignment operators
(+=/-=/etc that is, not ++/--) give the patch on SourceForge a try:

http://sourceforge.net/patch?func=detailpatch&patch_id=100699&group_id=5470

and/or provide feedback on the PEP on this subject:

http://python.sourceforge.net/peps/pep-0203.html

Now is the last chance to provide any useful feedback, 2.0 is going in a
feature freeze on Monday!

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>