Free DB options under python

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Tue Aug 8 08:24:03 EDT 2000

Mike Fletcher <mfletch at tpresence.com> wrote:
> For a games-oriented database (i.e. not a big SQL system for hundreds of
> users), MetaKit is the best I've seen so far.  Very limited functionality,
> but clean and easy to use.  I'd assume it's available on Linux, but I've
> never checked.

It works just fine on Linux (though there are some installation hurdles).
It's quite a neat database, and fast, too. It's still quite a bit
different from a full fledged relational database though, so it depends on
what you want to do. MetaKit isn't good at multithreading, for instance.

But if you need a compact, fast and still powerful database, MetaKit is
definitely great.

Regards,

Martijn