Still no new license -- but draft text available

Halvorson, Peter Peter_Halvorson at nfuel.com
Wed Aug 2 19:56:08 EDT 2000

Show stoppers, hmmm ....  Are Python 2.0 and/or 3000 free and clear?
Are they subject to the CNRI license as derivative works?  Can CNRI
have a change of heart at any time and come up with a new license
which applies to 2.0 as well?  Is this a risk to using the CPython
code as a base for future Python development?

If 2.0 can have whatever license GvR likes, then who cares about
the 1.6 license!  I trust a benevolent dictator further than I
trust a benevolent corporation or government.

peter