Still no new license -- but draft text available

David Goodger dgoodger at bigfoot.com
Wed Aug 2 22:48:19 EDT 2000

Guido,

I've read over your personal web page & resume, where you state that you
were employed by CNRI as a researcher. "The research was on mobile agents in
distributed systems using interpreted languages. Most of the work involved
Python..." One question that has not been answered AFAIK is this: while
working at CNRI, what was the status of your (and others') direct work on
the Python language itself? I get the (perhaps mistaken) impression from
your (and others') writings that this work was (perhaps only partially) on
your own time. Could you clarify?

Just curious, not a bone of contention regarding the license in any way. We
are all greatly indebted to CNRI for their direct & indirect support of
Python over the years. I just hope the license arrives as short, as open,
and as quickly as possible!

Many thanks to you and everyone else involved in supporting Python.

--
David Goodger    dgoodger at bigfoot.com    Open-source projects:
 - The Go Tools Project: http://gotools.sourceforge.net