why isn't python more popular?

sp00fd sp00fdNOspSPAM at yahoo.com.invalid
Tue Aug 15 12:39:47 EDT 2000

"Steven Adams" <adams_s at lab.eng.usyd.edu.au> wrote:
>Like everyone else here, I feel Python should be more popular,
and I think a
>key to it becoming that would be if the CP4E program took off.

I'm not sure how much I agree with this.  There's a fairly
large "Teach Scheme!" effort afoot, and frankly I'm not seeing
too many Lisp variants making headway lately.

Personally, I just want a usable, well documented language with
a robust library (so I'm not constantly re-inventing the wheel),
which has a fairly strong presence in educational institutions
as well as the corporate world.  I think this describes python,
I just wish a few more people did.

Got questions?  Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com