Thread limits?

Quasimodo KILLzdramboSPAMMERS at zdnetmail.com
Sat Aug 19 21:47:19 EDT 2000

Hey,

Pretty new to Python, and was messing about with multi-threading (also new).

Is there a theoretical limit to the maximum number of threads that can be
spawned?

My machine (450MHz PIII, 320Mb RAM, Win98SE) tends to do it's dead-ant
impersonation at around 1,000 threads created.  Each thread at the mo just
sleeps for 60 seconds, but eventually each will be updating a database every
minute and running continuously, leading me to think I'll be lucky
running100-200 on this machine.

Just wondering if anyone's got some input on any limits.

Cheers

Jose