Compiling Python under CYGWIN

drobinow at my-deja.com drobinow at my-deja.com
Wed Aug 23 17:55:41 EDT 2000

In article <8o09m0$lqv at drn.newsguy.com>,
  Armin Steinhoff <Armin at Steinhoff_de> wrote:
> do you have plans to offer your port to the public ??
 ./configure
## Edit Makefile and Modules/Makefile so that
##    EXE=
## is replaced by
##    EXE=.exe
##
 make
 make install

 I had a failure in "make install" but I
just re-ran it and everything seemed OK.
Could be that something fooled make into
thinking it failed? Or maybe there's an
error in the installation I haven't noticed
yet?

jurgen.defurne at philips.com says...
> >I have been able to compile Python 1.5.2 with the Cygwin tools
(latest =
> >release).
 I'm using 1.1.4 and the sqrt function works fine.
Note that "latest version" has changed pretty quickly recently.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.